Important Information about Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Covid-19 is an infectious disease that is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. This virus is transmitted primarily by droplets (coughing, sneezing, and exhaling). It is important to prevent the spread of this disease by practicing good hand hygiene, avoiding touching your face, maintaining social distancing (6 feet of separation) and covering your mouth and nose when in public if you are not able to maintain that distance.
Some common symptoms of Covid-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, headache, loss of taste and smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, pink eye, and rash. If you think you have been exposed to COVID 19 and develop a fever and/or symptoms, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
The Ambulatory Surgery Center of Westchester is following the Governors Order 202.10, and not performing elective surgery. We are currently performing urgent surgical cases only.
Keeping our patients, physicians, employees and visitors healthy is our top priority. Below are some of the practices we have put in place to ensure that we are providing the safest experience for you:
- Every patient as well as every staff member must wear a mask or face covering upon entering our facility.
- We are enforcing social distancing in patient and staff areas. As such, only patients are permitted to enter the Surgery Center.
- When a child requires an urgent surgical procedure, only one parent will be allowed to enter the facility with the child. No children other than the patient will be granted entry.
- Every patient is screened during their pre-operative telephone call, and again upon arrival. If a patient has a fever or any symptoms of Covid-19 the planned surgery will not be performed.
- Family members of our patients are being asked to wait in their car and will be called when their loved one is out of the operating room, and again when they are ready for discharge.
- The staff of The Ambulatory Surgery Center of Westchester are practicing enhanced cleaning of all frequently touched surfaces throughout the day.
- All employees are self-monitoring their health status prior to arriving at work and will not come to work if they have a fever or any symptoms of Covid-19.
- All visitors (delivery personnel, mail carrier, sales representatives, etc.) are screened upon arrival and will not be allowed access if they have a fever or any symptoms of Covid-19.
- All staff members have been provided with the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) needed to remain protected while caring for our patients.
- All staff thatare able to work from home are doing so. Only essential employees are at the center.
We realize that some of these measures will seem unfamiliar to you, but it is what we must do to protect your health and the health of our employees and physicians. Thank you for understanding.